My imploring of the internet to not discuss Star Wars for a week fell mostly on deaf ears. I intend on honoring the vow though, and thought I’d see how often the movies get brought up over that same span of time.
- Link to Han Solo Carbonite ice cube trays posted on kottke.org
- Artist Adam Koford posted a Twitter link to his (very awesome) WootShirt derby entry
- A comment left on the RiffTrax Facebook page said “My love of Rifftrax lead to my purchase of my own DVD copy of “Revenge of the Sith” over the weekend.”
- I mailed off a sketch for the [Citation Needed] podcast to Scott Beckett, who does the movie pitches. Though I had this part of it weeks ago, I was still forced to look at it today, a part that involves him comparing the opening lines of the “pitch” to the Star Wars “A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away…”
- Sitting around a conference table in the office, Mike brought up former FCC chairman Newt Minow. Sean remarked that he was only the second ever Newt he’d ever heard of, besides Gingrich of course. Without realizing what I was doing, I chimed in about the Star Wars character Nute Gunray. I wasn’t sure who this character was, I just knew a character by that name existed. We all assumed he was one of Luke’s X-Wing pilots from the first couple movies. Turns out he is a trade federation guy from The Phantom Menace. I’m pretty sure they never say his name. I still knew it. What the hell…
- The ice cube trays pop up again on twitter.
- A link called “A great disturbance in the force…” on the front page of reddit
- Star Wars Seven Deadly Sins popped up again
- Co-worker links to Transformers/Star Wars hybrid shirt
- I posted a link to the Wu-Tang video I made on Buzzfeed. While I was there, I saw a link to Star Wars explained by a mean person
- I try to keep the queue for [Citation Needed] stocked for a couple weeks of posts, so I had no idea that this would be queued up to post today. Even when you’re actively trying not to add any more Star Wars to the dicussion, the universe conspires against you. Fortunately, it’s pretty funny.
- R2D2 Nutcracker
- And even though the week is technically over, I woke up to a Google Alert for “RiffTrax” in my email, directing me to a blog entry about the Star Wars Holiday Special.